Hello Trinity Friends,
This Sunday is our last worship service before Trinity closes for a month of holidays. We resume worship on Sunday August 5th. For emergency Pastoral Care, please contact Rev. Jane Howe or Tracy Davis at St. Andrew’s United Church. (705)472-7680
Please do not come into the church while it is closed unless you have signed up to check on the premises. Work will be happening throughout July. If for any reason you need to come in, please contact Ryan first. (705)471-4201
During the 5 Sundays that we are closed, we invite you to visit our friends at St. Andrew’s United Church or a church of your choice. Many of our members, as well as Minister Emerita Kathleen McCallum, will be leading worship services throughout our region. Take a look at the bulletin for details.
We are pleased to announce that Clara Clark has been hired as our summer student this year. Clara will be helping out with the summer camp and a number of other jobs around the church. We are excited to have her help – congratulations Clara!
This year’s VBC is nearly full! We will have 50 children plus helpers attending an exciting week of activities. If you are able to bake mini muffins, cookies or unfrosted cupcakes for the camp please contact Janice Brownlee or Jean Mitchell to let them know.
We will also be looking for a few items – please save your 2 litre plastic bottles. (We need 50)
Donations of craft items such as glue, pipe cleaners, beads and good quality markers are always appreciated! Thank-you!
There are a couple of events happening this week and during the summer that I would like to draw your attention to.
* There is a clothing swap tonight, 7 pm in the Fellowship Hall. All are welcome to drop by and browse. If you have good quality clean clothes – all ages and sizes, please bring them in. They will also be available to swap on Sunday.
* This Sunday after church, join your Trinity family for an afternoon at the waterfront. Swim, play in the playground, ride the carousal and train – check out the new wheelchair accessible train and of course enjoy the company of your Trinity friends! Bring a picnic lunch and gather at the Rotary Shelter beside the playground and washrooms after church.
* The Lark – Directed by Rod Carley – July 18 -20 7:30 and July 21 at 2
Canadore College TV Studio – 100 College Drive
* Trinity’s VBC Summer Day Camp – August 13 – 17th. Very limited spaces available. Contact Lisa to secure your child’s spot!
* Trinity Families Summer Camping at Lake Bernard – August 17 – 19
Bring your own tent and food, cost is $27/night per family. The park is celebrating Halloween, so the kids can trick or treat, and we can watch the Perseid Meteor Shower by campfire! See Carling Lutecki for details. email@example.com
Have a wonderful, restful and safe summer!