Hello Trinity Friends!
This Sunday we celebrate Earth Day in worship. Please join us at 10:30 am. The Sunday School will conclude their 3 week rotation on “Celebrating Creation.”
This is a great weekend for music at (and around Trinity). This Friday, the Hosts will be playing a sold out show at the Moose, with all proceeds going towards Trinity’s general funds which help support the many ministries at Trinity!
On Sunday, following worship, the Rapport Singers will be holding their second concert in a series…Life, It’s Elementary! WATER FOR THIRSTY LIVES EARTH…AN OLD SOUL. 1:30 Matinee –Trinity United Church. Special Guests-Also a silent auction. $15.00 adults, $10.00 students, 12 and under free.
Upcoming Special Events and Announcements
Please join us for the Moderator’s visit to North Bay Presbytery on Sunday, April 29th, 2018 at St. Andrew’s (North Bay)
There will be a Town Hall Question and Answer session from 4:00 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. with Moderator Jordan Cantwell.
At 5:30, please bring a dish to share in the Presbytery-wide pot luck supper.
The Scouts have Maple Syrup available for sale – produced by Sundridge’s Hubbert’s Maple Products, proceeds from the syrup help to support the local Scouting programs at Trinity.
Dates at a Glance
* Empire Living Communion Service – Tuesday April 24th, 10 am
* North Bay Choral Society – “100 Years of Broadway” Friday May 4th, 7 pm and Sunday May 6th at 2 pm, at Widdifield $15 Adults, Children 12 and under free
* Casselholme Communion Service – Tuesday May 8th, 11 am
* Nunsense, a musical comedy – May 9 – 12th at 7:30 and Sunday May 13th at 2 – Trinity United Church
* Hope2Kenya Pasta Supper – Saturday May 12th, 5 – 6:30 pm
Hello Trinity Friends,
Please join us this Sunday for a special UCW worship service, celebrating our prayer shawl ministry. Following the service there will be a UCW sponsored lunch. Free will offering.
Some Announcements and Upcoming Events
Delicious Maple Syrup is available for purchase from the Scouts after church this Sunday. All proceeds help to support the Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Ventures of the First North Bay Scouting groups that meet at Trinity.
Rob and Betty Farris will be presenting their May/June 2019 trip
“European Gems: Switzerland, Italy, Slovenia and Croatia”, Sat., April14, at 3:00 p.m. in Trinity’s fellowship room. All are welcome to attend.
The Canadian Ecology Centre presents “Words in the Woods”. If interested in attending there are 2 for 1 tickets available. For information visit http://www.canadianecology.ca/earthday/ or emai Barck Roads Bill at email@example.com and mention this offer to Trinity.
Tickets are now available for the upcoming Nunsense musical – starring Darlene Laferriere, Tracey Halsey, Michelle Webster, Lisa Boivin and Roxey Size and Directed by Maureen Cassidy Nunsense, follows the comic misadventures of the Little Sisters of Hoboken as they stage a variety show to raise funds after they discover that their cook has accidentally poisoned 52 of the sisters. Performances take place Wednesday May 9 to Saturday May 12th at 7:30 pm and Sunday May 13th at 2 pm at Trinity United Church (Ferguson at McIntyre) in North Bay. Tickets are $20 and available from Darlene or Lisa Blais. To reserve tickets call 705-477-4982. You will not want to miss this show!
- Rapport Concert –Sunday, April 22nd 1:30pm
- Communion Service-Tuesday, April 24th 10:00am Empire Living Centre.
- Communion Service-Cassellholme, Tuesday, May 8th 11:00am.
- “Nunsense” – Trinity welcomes the Dressing Room Production May 9-13th.
- Free to Be – Mustard Seed Musical – June 2nd and 3rd
Hello Trinity Friends,
This Sunday during worship we will celebrate and install our new Board Members for this term. In Sunday School, the children will begin a new unit on Caring for Creation.
Thank-you to those of you who purchased hams from the AOTS, Hot Cross Buns and Scones from 4Trinity Fundraising Team, Easter Lillies and for your donations to the Lenten Food Shelf Offering . Your purchases and donations help to support the many meaningful ministries here at Trinity!
Some Upcoming Special Events
* The UCW will meet on Monday April 9th at 1 pm. The guest speaker is Cindy Brownlee, who will talk about Camp Caritou. All women are welcome for tea, goodies and friendship.
* Trinity’s favourite band “The Hosts” are having a Spring Wing Ding Concert at the Moose on Main Street. Friday April 20th from 6 – 10 pm. Tickets are nearly sold out! Get your tickets now from a band member or from the Church Office. $10 each ($5 children 12 and UNDER)
* The Rapport Choir will have their spring Concert on Sunday April 22nd at 1:30 pm at Trinity. Save the Date!
Hello Trinity Friends,
As we are in the midst of Holy Week, I wanted to share with you the special services that are happening as we approach Easter!
Our friends at St. Andrew’s are hosting some prayer stations that are open to anyone. St. Andrew’s United Church will be open Maundy Thursday from 11:30am. until 1:00pm.
Later that evening all are welcome to attend a Maundy Thursday service hosted by Omond Memorial United Church, at 7:00pm. It features a dramatic reading of Mark 14:1–50. Communion will be served, but no foot- or hand-washing.
At Trinity youth will be gathered for a Youth Prayer Vigil –
The Youth Prayer Vigil beginsat 6 pm and concludes at midnight. All youth in grade 7 and up are welcome to attend!
AOTS Good Friday Breakfast – March 30th, 8 am. All Welcome! Please contact Maurice Laporte to let him know if you are coming. You can reach him at the church office this evening (705)474-3310 or tomorrow evening (Thursday). John Sheridan is the guest speaker.
Good Friday United Church Service – March 30th – Emmanuel United Church, 10:30 am
The area United Churches gather for a shared Good Friday Service at St. Andrew’s United Church.
Easter Sunrise Service – Sunday April 1st , 7:30 am
Join us bright and early Easter morning at the corner of Ferguson and McIntyre for a special morning sunrise service followed by hot cross buns and coffee.
Easter Sunday Service – Sunday 1st, 10:30 am
Join us for joyful, music filled Easter Communion Service. We will enjoy musical offerings by special guest musicians along with both the Senior and Junior Choirs.
Peace be with you!
Hello Trinity Friends!
I hope that you are enjoying this beautiful sunny day and have had the opportunity to cheer on the Women’s Curling Teams from all over the world! A reminder that tonight is Trinity’s Red Hot Friday Night Chili Cook Off. Chili will be served from 5:30 to 7 (or until we run out). Musical Entertainment will begin at 5 pm with many special guests performing. At 7 pm, a musical tribute to the Eagles will be narrated by Rod Carley. Admission is by Free Will Donation (suggested minimum $10 per person $25 per family)
Trinity Games Night will take place following the Chili Night!
This Sunday we celebrate Palm and Passion Sunday during our morning worship. The Junior and Senior Choir and guest musicians will enrich the worship experience. We also welcome new members to our Church family. Our Sunday School will continue their Easter Rotation.
Lenten Offering Envelopes are available from the ushers. Donations will go towards our Food Shelf Ministries – Infant Food Shelf and Monday Food Shelf.
Youth Overnight Prayer Vigil – 7 pm on Thursday March 29th concluding after the Good Friday Breakfast on Friday March. All youth and young adults in Grade 7 and up are welcome.
Upcoming Events and Special worship Services
* Maundy Thursday Communion Service – Omond Memorial United Church, 7 pm
* Good Friday Breakfast hosted by the AOTS – Friday March 30th, 8 am. All are welcome. John Sheridan is the guest speaker. $10 per person
* Good Friday United Church Worship Service – Friday March 30th, 10:30 am at Emmanuel United Church