Your Generosity This Week!
Members of the Trinity Church family are regularly engaged with our community throughout the year–donating our time, our talents, and our treasure. This has been extraordinarily true in recent days as we lend talents in singing, playing, acting, serving, and giving—Thank you:
- The JOY Band Concert last Sunday raised $1250–money that has been shared equally between Trinity’s Food Shelf and the North Bay Warming Centre
- Wednesday night’s annual reading of Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol” raised $2395 for “The Gathering Place”
- At the Dickens evening, the winner of the silent auction for the “Bee-Attitudes” quilt was announced—with gratitude to Sue Elliott, $500 has been donated to “Hope2Kenya.”
- Mayor Al McDonald was on-hand at the Dickens reading, to receive a cheque for the North Bay Syrian Refugee project. The Trinity Sunday School, in cooperation with the J.O.Y. Band and FIRST Team 1305 Robotics, presented the mayor with a cheque for $3850! (Not bad for a Sunday School and its supporters!)
- Trinity’s UCW has just distributed over 55 “Christmas Cheer Plates” to express love and care for members and friends around the city
- The Trinity Youth Group is presently assembling its regular 150+ Christmas Bags to show love and support for youth and adults in need in our community.
- Your Advent pill-bottle donations are being tallied this week in support of “PackSac Smiles” and “Sleeping Children Around the World”
- It’s anticipated that every light on the “Tree of Hope” in our sanctuary will be lit by Christmas Eve, ensuring a further $500 donation to “Hope2Kenya”!