Hello Trinity Friends!
Join us for worship Sunday mornings at 10:30 am. This Sunday Rev. Ted’s meditation is titled: “Love the Questions”.
The following Sunday (November 2nd) all are welcome to dress-up for church – in honour of Hallowe’en
* After this week’s shocking shooting on Parliament Hill, our Moderator Gary Paterson offered a Prayer for Ottawa. You can find the full prayer on The United Church of Canada’s Website listed below.
* 2015 Church Calendars are available from Janice Brownlee at a cost $5.
* Daylight Savings Time ends on Sunday November 2nd. Turn your clocks BACK one hour before you go to bed on Saturday November 1st. We’ll have coffee on for those who arrive early because they forgot!
* UCW Cafeteria Style Luncheon is Friday October 31st from 11 – 1pm. Enjoy soup, chili, sandwiches, dessert and more. Baked goods are for sale as well. All are welcome.
* The UCW Christmas Tea and Bazaar is on Saturday November 8th from 1 – 3:30pm. This is a very popular event for all people. Come for fancy tea, sandwiches and desserts and browse all the crafts and baked goods upstairs in the gym.
***if you have items to donate to the white elephant table please speak with Sharen Liddell or bring them in on Friday November 7th (No clothing or opened cosmetics, perfumes or spices)
***If you are able to make some sandwiches or squares please sign up in the Sunday School room or speak with Rae Brownlee.
* Trinity’s Progressive Dinner
The Trinity Social Club hosts a fantastic event called a progressive dinner. This is a great evening of friendship, food and a great way to meet members of Trinity in small groups. Small groups gather for appetizers in one location, then you get an envelope revealing the location of your main course. Following the main course everyone gathers back here at Trinity for dessert. All are welcome! For more information please speak with the Sheridans or the Rozickis after church or call the church for their contact information. It is a fantastic evening that you will not want to miss! Deadline to sign up is November 12th.
* United Church Ebola Crisis Appeal
Donations are being collected to help ACT (Action by Churches Together) for its efforts to help contain the spread of the Ebola virus and also to the United Church’s Mission and Service partners in West Africa. Please be sure to note “Emergency Response—Ebola Crisis Relief” on the face of your cheque.
This weekend I, along with other youth leaders, will gather with 18 youth on a weekend retreat at Spirit Point. Throughout the weekend we will be exploring the theme of Living in Right Relations – with ourselves, our neighbours and our Earth. We look forward to sharing our stories with you when we return!