Hello again,A quick 2 messages to share (sorry for multiple emails).A reminder that this week coming up is PIE WEEK! If you have ordered pies or you have volunteered to help out – thank-you! Please contact Darlene (call church office)
Also – Annually on October 4th, hundreds of Sisters in Spirit vigils are held in communities across Canada to honour Indigenous women, girls, and two-spirit people who have gone missing or been murdered. There is still much work to be done to realize these calls for justice.
Listed below are ways that you can participate in a Sisters in Spirit Vigil and act on the calls for justice contained within the National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls Report.
PARTICIPATE IN A VIGIL
- Vigils are organized at the community level. The Native Women’s Association of Canada (NWAC) publishes an online list of vigils registered with them. Visit NWAC’s Sisters in Spirit vigil webpage for further information.
- NWAC is organizing a virtual national vigil on Monday, October 4 at 2pm EST and will be live streamed from NWAC’s Facebook page.
Other ways you can show your support:
- Light a candle in your home window this evening.
- Write a letter or contact your MP asking what actions are being implemented towards the 231 calls for justice.
- Change your social media avatar to a commemorative graphic.
- Facebook frame – Go to your profile on the Facebook app and tap “Edit” on your profile picture. Then tap “Add Frame”. Search for “Sisters in Spirit”.