The Inter-Denominational Youth Group (I-DYG) will be collecting items for the Christmas Bag Outreach Project. Last year we provided over 150 Christmas gifts to children, youth and adults in our community! These bags are packed according to the age of the receiver and delivered the week prior to Christmas. We provide gifts bags to women and children at the Transition House, and Ojibway Family Resource Centre, to adults and youth at the Crisis Centre Four Elm’s Residence, Futures Youth Crisis Centre, Nipissing Attendance Centre, etc. and to patients at the North Bay Regional Health Centre – Mental Health Forensics Unit and Long Term Care.
These bags are always warmly received and very much appreciated! If you would like to contribute to this project please bring any of the following items in to Trinity United Church by Sunday December 14th.
For Men and Women
- personal items: toothpaste, toothbrushes, lotion, shampoo, (please no hotel soaps – we have enough)
- socks, slippers, mittens
- puzzle and word books, playing cards
- treats (candy, chips, chocolate, etc.) ***please keep these separate from any soap products***
- Diabetic/Sugar Free treats
- any other item that might provide comfort ( journals, gifts, books, etc.)
For Youth – with an emphasis on older children and youth
- personal items: bubble bath, toothbrushes, soap, lotion, etc.
- socks, slippers, hats and mittens
- colouring and activity books
- videos, books or DVD’s
- games and craft items
- toys (no stuffed toys please)
- treats (as above)
- any other items that you think a youth might enjoy
Christmas gift bags and money for us to purchase the needed items are also appreciated.
Thank-you for your support of this important outreach project!