Hello Trinity Friends!
This Sunday please join us for worship at 10:30 am. Rev. Ted’s meditation is called “Under the Same Leaky Tent” – with all our roof repairs we are undergoing, we are hoping that is a symbolic leaky tent!
A reminder that next Sunday is Saint Francis Sunday – and our Blessing of the animals service – all ages are encouraged to bring a favourite stuffie, pet or animal memento to church. That Sunday is also Orange Shirt Day – Please remember to wear orange on Sunday September 29th as a sign of your commitment to reconciliation and in memory of those families and children who were affected by Residential Schools.
There are a number of important announcements and a few upcoming activities. Please read through the bulletin to learn about all of them – you can get one on Sunday at church or from our website under the Weekly Church Bulletin tab on our website www.trinitynorthbay.ca
* The new youth group will meet today at 12 to 2:30. All youth in Grade 7 and up are invited!
* The Near North UCW will gather on Thursday Sept 26th at Trinity, 10 am. All women are welcome to join in for fellowship and to make some important decisions. The guest speaker is Rev. Gord Roberts
* Apple Picking for the apple pie project is on Saturday September 28th – if you can help, please speak with Darlene Laferriere or Ross Brewer
* The UCW Cafeteria Style lunch resumes on Friday Sept. 27th from 11 – 1pm. All are welcome for a delicious lunch – sandwiches, soup, chili, desserts and more!
* Walk for Climate Justice – Please join your wider church and local community in a walk for climate justice. It begins at the North Bay courthouse and ends at Trinity United Church for soup and refreshments. Friday September 27th at 5 pm.
* A conversation with Rev. Richard Bott, Moderator of the United Church of Canada – Saturday Sept. 28th at the Regional Council Office (319 McKenzie Ave.) For more information and to register visit the Regional Council website www.canadianshieldrc.ca
See you Sunday!