Hello Trinity Friends,
This Sunday join us for a special service hosted by the AOTS (men’s group). The JOYFUL BELLS will be sharing their musical offerings this morning as well.
AOTS is an acronym that comes from the bible passage in Luke 22:27 when Jesus says “I am among you As One That Serves.” Trinity’s AOTS usually meet on the first Saturday of the month – the meeting dates are posted in the bulletin. Trinity’s AOTS serves our church in many ways, with an emphasis on supporting youth and youth ministries at Trinity and in our wider community. For more information about the AOTS you visit www.aots.ca or speak to any AOTS member.
As we head into the season of Advent, beginning with a special Advent Communion Service on Sunday December 2nd at 10:30 am, there will be a number of ways to celebrate the season! Please take a look below at a few of the upcoming worship services and special events. We look forward to celebrating the season with you!
Worship Services and Upcoming Events
Friday November 30th
UCW Cafeteria Luncheon – 11 – 1 pm
Saturday December 1st.
We Wish You a Messy Christmas! Trinity Families is hosting a very special session of “Messy Church” on Saturday Dec. 1st from 3:30 – 6:30 pm
We’ll explore and reflect on the messiness of the First Christmas through games and crafts, and enjoy a meal together. This is a free event and is open to all families.
Sunday December 2nd
* Advent Communion Service, 10:30 am
Sunday December 9th
* White Gift Sunday, 10:30 am – please bring your donations of food, money or gifts for the Christmas Gift Bag Outreach to be collected by the Sunday School.
* Holy Grounds Youth Christmas Party 12 – 2
Youth in grade 7 and up are invited to an afternoon of community building activities: games, baking and an advent reflection.
Tuesday December 11th,
“I’ll Be home For Christmas”: A Heartwarming Evening of Wartime Story and Song!
As we wrap up this 100th anniversary of the World War One Armistice, Trinity United Church reflects on both the warmth and the tumult of Christmas during wartime. Pause with us to witness the hope that arises even in the cold theatre of human conflict. Benefits entirely for North Bay’s “Gathering Place” soup kitchen. Join us on Tuesday December 11th at 7 pm (sing-a-long starts at 6:30 pm) Tickets are $15 for Adults, $10 for students, children under 12 are free.
Refreshments will be served.
Sunday December 16th
* Sunday School Pageant – An Animal Nativity, 10:30 am
* J.O.Y. Bands Concert – A Most Wonderful Christmas, 1:30 pm (sing-a-long begins at 1 – Free will offering to the Warming Centre
Thursday December 21st
* Longest Night Service, 7 pm – members of Trinity United, along with friends from St. Andrew’s United, will gather for a service of heartfelt string music and candlelit prayer in the Trinity sanctuary. It’s an opportunity for a spacious pause, to contemplate the hopes, fears, and prayers that fill that longest night of the year.
Sunday December 23rd
* Trinity’s Choir Cantata – One Silent Night, 10:30 am – This beautiful cantata, by Pepper Choplin, is a Christmas ballad of love and joy. It features scripture narration, soloists, and instrumentalists.
Monday December 24th
* Family Christmas Eve Service, 7 pm
* Communion, 8:15 pm