Hello Trinity Friends,
After you dig yourself out of all this snow, please join us for worship on Sunday morning at 10:30 am for the Second Sunday in Advent. We celebrate White Gift Sunday – bringing in gifts to the Food Shelf, Infant Food Shelf and Christmas Bag Outreach programs. Your donations will be collected by the Sunday School. Some ideas for your White Gift are: non-perishable food, infant size diapers, toothpaste, toothbrush, socks, slippers, scarves, playing cards, new puzzles or money to purchase needed items.
Following the service, plan to stay for the JOY Bands Christmas Concert present “Sweet Sounds of Christmas” at Trinity. Carol Sing-A-Long 1:30pm. – Concert 2:00 pm. Free Will offering will support the Synagogue Restoration Fund.
On Monday December 11th, the UCW will meet at Cecil’s. We will gather at 11:30. All ladies in the congregation are cordially invited to come for lunch, and a program of Christmas stories and poems. Everyone will be responsible for buying their own meal. Instead of a gift exchange, please bring a donation for the Food Shelf. Please let Judy know (705- 478 -7781) if you are able to join us.
A Canadian Christmas – Thursday December 14th, 7 pm
As we wrap up this 150th year of Canadiana, Trinity United Church and the Dreamcoat Children’s Choir team up to remember some great Canadian Christmas traditions. Wrap yourself in a patchwork quilt of warm songs and stories sure to get you in the Yuletide spirit!
Treat yourself to an evening of Canadian Christmas spirit at Trinity United Church (Ferguson at McIntyre) on Thursday December the 14th—all to benefit North Bay’s soup kitchen, “The Gathering Place.”
At 6:30pm we gather with a sing-a-long of Christmas favourites, followed by story and music at 7pm. Tickets are $15 for Adults, $10 for students, children under 12 are free. Refreshments will be served.
DATES AT A GLANCE
- Sunday, December 17th , 10:30 am. It’s a Boy! – Sunday School Christmas Pageant.
- Sunday December 17th, 1: 30 pm. “Ringing and Singing in Christmas” Trinity’s Senior Choir presents: “I Hear the Prophet Callin’”, a Christmas cantata, directed by Betty Farris. Special Guests:“The Joyful Bells”, bell choir, directed by Brenda McLay Trinity Junior Choir, directed by Peggy Millar. Free Admission
- Thursday, December 21st – 7pm Our “Longest Night” evening service.
- Sunday, December 24th 4th Advent– 10:30 am
- Christmas Eve Family Service, 7 pm followed by an 8:15pm Communion Service.